Japanese | English
NGH Special Interest Group (NGHSIG) in Japan
Since Jan. 31, 2017
Last update: Aug. 23, 2017
Telcos, ISPs, Wi-Fi operators, Laboratories,
Equipment manufacturers/vendors, Individual developers/engineers,
Government organizations, etc.
History and missions
- Launched on Jan. 31, 2017 as a BoF meeting
- Push forward dot1X adoption and Hotspot 2.0/Passpoint/NGH
deployment in Japan to make Public Wi-Fi systems secure and convenient.
- Exchange and accumulate technical information about
RADIUS, roaming, and Hotspot 2.0.
- Provide an NGH testbed for development and pilot services.
- Develop inter-roaming architecture and a prototype system.
- Survey on legal aspects and develop rules.
- ... etc.
Secure Wi-Fi Roaming
- NGHSIG Cloud IdP System
- WBA City Wi-Fi Roaming (available only during the trial)
Hideaki Goto, Tohoku University
Jun Yamaguchi, Globalsight Ltd.