Japanese | English
NGH Special Interest Group (NGHSIG) in Japan
Country's first NGH Roaming Consortium and Hub Operator for Free/City Wi-Fi and eduroam
Since Jan. 31, 2017
Last update: Nov. 25, 2018
Telcos, ISPs, Wi-Fi operators, Laboratories,
Equipment manufacturers/vendors, Individual developers/engineers,
Government organizations, etc.
History and missions
- Launched on Jan. 31, 2017 as a BoF meeting
- Push forward dot1X adoption and Hotspot 2.0/Passpoint/NGH
deployment in Japan to make Public Wi-Fi systems secure and convenient.
- Exchange and accumulate technical information about
RADIUS, roaming, and Hotspot 2.0.
- Provide an NGH testbed for development and pilot services.
- Develop inter-roaming architecture and a prototype system.
- Survey on legal aspects and develop rules.
- ... etc.
- City Wi-Fi Roaming 2018 (Oct. 1 - Nov. 30, 2018)
- City Wi-Fi Roaming 2017 (June 20 - Aug. 20, 2017)
- Cityroam (Secure Wi-Fi Roaming) (please see below)
- Development of off-campus eduroam services.
- Development of eduroam services at conference sites.
Cityroam (Secure Wi-Fi Roaming)
NGHSIG Headquarter: Cloud Service Infrastructure Lab., Cyberscience Center, Tohoku University, Japan
Hideaki Goto, Tohoku University
Jun Yamaguchi, Globalsight Ltd.